Visibility States for Multiple Blocks

Skilled Warrior

So I have quite a bit of knowledge on how to make dynamic blocks but I am curious....I have a bunch of blocks that I am turning into dynamic blocks using different visibilities, stretches, flips and rotations. If I am using the same visibility states from one block to the next, is there a way I can copy visibilitie states over from one block to another or do I really have to rename the 6 different visibility states in all these blocks like I have been doing.

Just figured if there was a faster way to do this I would start doing it but if not the AutoCAD geniuses should come up with one.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Skilled Warrior

I don't think we can do that. Parameters, actions, and visibility states work differently for different blocks. If you can copy the visibility states, you will need to redefine the objects in each visibility anyway.

However, you can consider to create 'a template' if you have the same visibility states for several blocks. Use 'save block as' and you will get a new block that have the same visibility states from the old one.

save_as.png

What i usually do when i have to make similar blocks with dynamic functions in them is:

-copy the block to a new drawing, RENAME

-adapt geometry of the block in the blockeditor or create new geometry if necessary

-reassign geometry to visibility states if new

-copy new block to original drawing

=new block with half the work :)

an empty template is also a good idea as Edwin suggested

small extra tip: when editing action selection sets press R to remove objects from the selection set A to add (default)

Thank you guys.....I don't know why I never thought of doing the whole save as thing. I guess I didn't think it through long enough to figure that out. Thanks again.