Attribute/Title Block Help

joshm3357

Ok first off let me say I don't use autocad a whole lot... I need some help with a title block. I created a title block for shop drawings I submit for construction. The title block is basically our company logo and then has some attributes assigned to it (job name, drawing, date, etc). My problem is when I have multiple size sheet layouts and I change the attributes on one layout it will then change all the title blocks on the other layouts to say the same thing.

For example if on my A Size drawing I change the block to say "Detail 1" it will then change the block on my D Size layout to say the same thing but I want that one to say "Roof Plan".

Is there a simpler way to do my title blocks? Thanks for any help.

Use block editor (Command: BEDIT) and select the title block. Select that "Detail 1" and in properties see if it is an mtext or an ATT. If it is an mtext then that is why it is changing in all of your other title blocks because blocks treat mtext as just regular text.

To fix this, replace all the mtext you need to change with ATT's. To make an ATT, type (Command: ATT) and the first line it prompts you to fill is what the ATT will say before being editted, the second line is what you will be prompted with (somewhat like a label) when you select to change it. The Third line is irrelevant on most occasions. Check the ATT format to match the text before. If you have multiple ATT's, type (Command: BATTORDER) and move the ATT's to an order you want to be prompted in. Type (Command: BCLOSE) and enjoy.

It sounds like your title block is using fields, otherwise it shouldn't change across other attribute blocks. Post your title block so we can have a look.