Grids

NikOvstaas

Is there a way to enter a grid into a drawing? I'm attempting to draw the deck of a barge with a faint grid where the lines are spaced by half meters. do i have to just do the whole thing by hand, or by using the array tool? Or can i just lay a grid overtop of my existing drawing?

Why not use the Grid command? In 2010, as in previous versions, you'll get a series of dots spaced as per your requirements.

Another option is to draw a grid using the Array command and give it a light grey color. Then lock the layer it is on.

Maybe you want to look at the 'Hatch' command. You could use the 'Net' hatch, rotated and scaled to your desired sizes.

You want it to be at a specific separation, and you want it to show on the plot?

Then I would go with the array. Array a single row across, then array a single column up and down, then finagle the two arrays so they cross properly.

Definately put it on it's own layer so you can custom color it, and turn it off while working on the boat. I'd also make the grid a block so you can share it with friends.:wink:

... I'd also make the grid a block so you can share it with friends.:wink:

Good idea.

Make sure that you use the WBLOCK (World Block) command, instead of the BLOCK command. That way, everyone can use it.

Good idea.

Make sure that you use the WBLOCK (World Block) command, instead of the BLOCK command. That way, everyone can use it.

Back a few years earlier, WBLOCK used to be referred to as WriteBlock. A term so mentioned in my official Acad manual. I think same effect, but new verbage.

Wm.

Hi everyone,

You can use Hatch as Pablo said but not with predefined type

You going to use User defined type.

command : h

Type and pattern :

Type --> click on little arrow and select User defined (That allows to define a grid with personalized scale)

Angle and scale :

Angle --> 0

Check Double (to create a grid with a same space for X and Y)

Spacing --> 0.5 if your units is meter

50 if your units is centimeter

500 if your units is millimeter

tips : normaly you cant use object snap on hatch, to change that, you can change a system variable OSOPTIONS set 2 or

OPIONS "op"/Drafting tab

Object Snap Options :

uncheck Ignore hatch objects

Bye

Pascal

just because when im trying to make several different drawings with different hatches in different scales for different clients, its nice to have shortcuts. i just ended up using the array command and making it a few different blocks, in a few different scales. still have to tweek sometimes but good enough.