Area Units and Attribute Editor

Himynameislou777

Hello,

Real basic question I'm having a hard time finding the answer to. At my company we have a dynamic block that we use to put the area of a room in. We take the Square Feet and Square Meters of the room. When I go to do the square feet all I have to do is go in the block>right click>Insert Field then I tell it object at which point I click on the pline for the room and it returns it in Square Feet. Which is great. But I'm wondering if I can also do that for the Square meters because it always gives it in just SF. So is there a way to change the unit so I can easily insert it the same way. BC as of right now I get the SQ FT and then I manually (on a calculator) calculate the SM based off that. Which for a large building can be time intensive. Anyhelp or ideas?

when you insert the field there should be an option of "calculation" (or similar). Select that and insert field again, placing your object then the rest of the calculation.

Ok,

so I looked into your solutions and am still not able to have it calculate the area based off a pline in SM. I would post the block but I can't due to company restrictions. Thank you for your help.

Luis