converting lower case text to to capital text

Guest REIVAX

Guest REIVAX

I'm trying to find a why to convert something I've typed out in lower case. I would like to have it all in capital letters, but I don't want to retype it all out again. I'm using R14. please help and thanks in advance. :( :oops:

My short answer: export the text in an ASCII file, use a text editor to convert it and re-import the changed text. In the AutoLISP section there is an export routine.

The longer answer: for direct conversion -right in the DWG- you may use this routine.

; UPPERCASE for text and mtext
(defun c:case( / enl)
 (setq enl (entget (car (entsel "\nselect (m)text")))
       enl (subst (cons 1 (strcase (cdr (assoc 1 enl)))) (assoc 1 enl) enl))
 (entmod enl)
 (princ)
 )

If you do not know the way to load and start lisp routines you also may check the Forum. Or return with a request for more info and I will be happy to do my best to help you.

I'm trying to find a why to convert something I've typed out in lower case. I would like to have it all in capital letters, but I don't want to retype it all out again. I'm using R14. please help and thanks in advance. :( :oops:

You didnt say whether you were talking about mtext or single line text.A way you edit mtext,that works in CAD 2K(not sure if it works for R14) is to bring up the multiline text editor by typing ED at the command line and selecting the text.Then select the text within the this multiline text editor,right click and choose change case.Pick which ever option you require,upper or lower case.This will only work for mtext not single line text,don't use single line text myself as its harder to manipulate.

hyposmurf - that's such a good tip, I thought it was worth an image:

uppercase.gif

For old AutoCAD users like me, right-clicking is a constant revelation (maybe you feel the same way fuccaro :wink: )

You are the winner CADTutor!

Are you sure that this will work in AutoCAD R14? And how about the TEXTs? -I have only AutoCAD 2000 so I can not test it in other relases.

I wrote the routine some time ago when learning the Lisp.

From now I will right click before and after any command and I will try if the transparent mode is working (like ' right-click) :)

I haven't been able to check if this will work in R14 but as far as I am aware, MTEXT was pretty much unchanged between R14 and 2000. Perhaps REIVAX could let us know.

Guest REIVAX

and for hyposmurf

it was originally typed out in dtext but if I could find a way for both dtext and mtext for R14 that would be great.

Fuccaro thanks i'lltry the lisp program

sorry for the delay

I've tried dtext & mtext on R14 and it doesn't work :( :cry:

Yeh that method I described is only for the following versions:

AutoCAD 2002

AutoCAD 2000i

AutoCAD 2000

AutoCAD LT 2002

Possibly AutoCAD 2004 too but no R14 sorry,there must be another way.

• 5 years later...
My short answer: export the text in an ASCII file, use a text editor to convert it and re-import the changed text. In the AutoLISP section there is an export routine.

The longer answer: for direct conversion -right in the DWG- you may use this routine.

; UPPERCASE for text and mtext
(defun c:case( / enl)
 (setq enl (entget (car (entsel "\nselect (m)text")))
       enl (subst (cons 1 (strcase (cdr (assoc 1 enl)))) (assoc 1 enl) enl))
 (entmod enl)
 (princ)
 )

Is that a way of selecting more objects? With a window and/or pick more objects... Im not good at this but maybe with ssget? I tried to change a bit but with no success :)

thanx

you do realise that thread is over 5 years old. In that time things move along. The simplest way to change case now is by using the built in express tool which allows large selections.