How do you tell which Visual Style selected?

dreamer

I am using 2010. Applied a Visual Style to the Viewport selected from the Tool Palette. Afterward is there a way that you can check which style applied?

I clicked at the border of the viewport, none of the Visual Style would high-lighted. Also no information there by right-click the mouse.

I wonder why they call it a "Visual" style? Jeez, let me think. There has to be a way to determine what "visual" style I'm currently using. What are my choices? Let's see. There's 2D Wireframe, 3D Hidden, 3D Wireframe, Conceptual, and Realistic. How would I tell any one of these "visual" styles apart? That's a very good question. Would have to think on it some more.:?

How about if you just click inside the viewport and read the style off the View panel (Home tab)? Or...

Right-click on the viewport frame and check your Quick Properties. Or...

Click on the viewport frame and check your Properties under the heading of Misc. Look where it says Visual Style.

Remark

I know where your sarcasm comes from 8). But I have created quite a few Visual Styles in the Tool Palette with minor different settings but forget which one was applied.

How about if you just click inside the viewport and read the style off the View panel (Home tab)? Or...

Right-click on the viewport frame and check your Quick Properties. Or...

Click on the viewport frame and check your Properties under the heading of Misc. Look where it says Visual Style.

Tried, but no information can be found. Nice to know if you can. :roll:

How can you forget? There must be a way to tell one from another otherwise you'd never be able to keep them straight. I gave you three options. Do you mean to tell me none of them work for you?

Yeah you name each Visual Style created but forget which one you eventually selected in a few days/hours time.

Only if you use one of the four Ready-to-use Styles, then indication is appears on the graphic in Visual Style Manager.

I beg to differ with you.

I created a new visual style called MarkVisStyle. I got this readout using the List command on my viewport:

VIEWPORT Layer: "0"

Space: Paper space

Layout: Layout1

Visual Style: MarkVisStyle

When I double-click inside the viewport itself the name of this new visual style is displayed on my Ribbon in the Visual Styles panel (AutoCAD 2009).

It is listed in Quick Properties under the heading Visual Style.

And it also shows up (as long as the viewport is active) on the Properties panel under Misc opposite the words Visual Style.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury....I rest my case.

Thanks for your trouble Remark. I still am innocent. :roll:

Now I know what's happened.

I created a new VS from Visual Style Manager, gave it a name grey, exported it to the Tool Palette. Then somehow in the Tool Palette, I made changes to the setting of grey and rename it grey2 and applied it to one of the viewports.

In order not to have too many graphics in the Visual Style Manager, I deleted the grey from there. That's why no information can be given to me from the VSM nor Properties when click on the viewport later.

The fact remains grey2 is still in the Tool Palette but no indication that it is being used when click on the viewport.

You seem to have been a victim of your own devices then. This is what I like to refer to as OIE (Operator Inflicted/Induced Error). I hope you don't own a gun. I'd hate to be your foot!:lol:

I think we're done here then. It's been an interesting journey. Do visit us again. Cheers mate.

This is what I like to refer to as OIE (Operator Inflicted/Induced Error).

I thought that was called PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). :lol:

Pathetic ! I feel. well, is there no way of identifying as which style we went for. Actually i am unaware of these visual styles and wanting to know about these things deeply..

I've indicated at least three ways of obtaining the information. If a person is going to create custom visual styles and not keep track of the differences between them and give them similar sounding names then he/she is just asking for trouble down the road. Did everyone throw away their pens and paper when they got their new computer? People...smarten up.