Issue with scaling drawing

Harryf

Scale Engineer's Drawing To Architecture. When I Type Scale, Window, Set Scale To 12, Enter. The Drawing Changes But The Existing Dims Change To Three Or Four Times The Original Dims. Then When I Dimension The Drawing The Dims Are Not Accurate.

Is your drawing in Feet or Inches?

Is the engineer's dwg in feet?

Engineers drawing set to decimal and I changed it to architectural. drawing i want to insert engineers drawing units are set to architectural.

Harry

Engineers drawing set to decimal and I changed it to architectural. drawing i want to insert engineers drawing units are set to architectural.

Harry

'Decimal' and 'Architectural' only manipulated how the units are displayed, not the units themselves.

What units are the drawings actually drawn in (feet, inches, fathoms, parsecs...)?

When you measure something (distance command), what do you come up with - inches or feet?

Is the engineers drawing being xrefed into your drawing?

Is that correct?

I think I was mistaken - the unit length type (units dialog, 'decimal', etc) does affect the results of the distance command...

How did you bring in the engineers dwg? (xref, insert, copy/paste)

Have a look at the INSUNITS variable in help - it may be what you need to change here (either in your dwg or the engineer's)

Scale Engineer's Drawing To Architecture. When I Type Scale, Window, Set Scale To 12, Enter. The Drawing Changes But The Existing Dims Change To Three Or Four Times The Original Dims. Then When I Dimension The Drawing The Dims Are Not Accurate.

Look at Format > Units > Insertion Scale. If it is inches, leave it, if not, change it to inches. Change your Format > Units > Length Type to Architectural, and then go into your dimension style manager and change the Primary Units > Units Format to Architectural. That was overriding your units length type.

If your drawing is still scaled up by 12, the NEW dimensions will be correct, in feet and inches. If you have started over, then scale it up again.

I solved the problem,

All I had to do was open UNITS in my new drawing and change INCHES to FEET (matching the existing dwg. UNIT data) that allowed me to xref the plan into the new drawing and the dimensions stayed the same.

Thanks for your previous imput.

Harry