fillet issue (can lisp gurus help)

salman

Hi all

I am working on a lisp which draws some entities (collection of lines and arcs which are connected end to end and with same z value) and then performs fillet on them.

I searched on internet and came to know that fillet does not work by providing entity names, instead we should provide information in the form returned by (entsel) function. Now I have drawn entities in the drawing and if I prompt user to select the entities by calling entget the prupose of creating an automation routine fails. I want to some how create list of the same form which is returned by (entsel), so that I can pass such lists to fillet for each pair of entities that I want to fillet. I am having problem about creating such list. Can we create such a list (entityname pt).

If above is not possible is their some other way to make the fillet command work. If I call it by just providing entity names such as

(command "_fillet" "r" rad_val "_fillet" ent1 ent2 "")

or

(command "fillet" "r" rad_val ent1 ent2)

it behavior is unpredictable.

Any cool help will be deeply appreciated.

Give this thread a read: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49834

Several examples posted and I explain the limitations to using entsel to feed entities to the fillet command.

Know that the more information you provide, the better the help will be, so if you have issues with some code, post all the code, not just one line from it.

Dear Alanjt

Thanks for reply, their is nothing special in the code I create a number of entities and add them to a selection set via ssadd. Now I get each pair of consecutive entities from the selection set created using ssadd, and call fillet on those entities. Then move to the next pair. But the fillet is not working probably because I am not sending information in the form (entity_name pt). So please give some hint about how to get fillet command work.

Thanks.

Dear Alanjt

Thanks for reply, their is nothing special in the code I create a number of entities and add them to a selection set via ssadd. Now I get each pair of consecutive entities from the selection set created using ssadd, and call fillet on those entities. Then move to the next pair. But the fillet is not working probably because I am not sending information in the form (entity_name pt). So please give some hint about how to get fillet command work.

Thanks.

Then post the code and we'll give it a look.

Did you read through the thread I linked?

The thread does not contain any comments posted by u.

secondly, I will post the code in a while.

There are four pages in the thread.