import text and data from excel into autocad

asdwer

I want to make a excel program which will take input from user and do some calculations and draw the diagrams from those input in auto cad. without the user doing it manually. Is there any way to do it?

Using macros or any such way?

The problem is like:

I take inputs from users the length and breadth of two rectangles of different size. The calculation part is done. But the diagram will be of 'T' shape using those two rectangles.

This diagram I want to make in it auto cad.

Like suppose the user click a button "show diagram"...it will automatically open an auto cad file to show such diagram or display the diagram in a separate sheet in excel, but diagram will be from auto cad (latter one more needed)

Is there any script for that?

Please reply ASAP

pls help...i got to submit this project tommorow....

Thanks

I want to make a excel program which will take input from user and do some calculations and draw the diagrams from those input in auto cad. without the user doing it manually. Is there any way to do it?

Using macros or any such way?

The problem is like:

I take inputs from users the length and breadth of two rectangles of different size. The calculation part is done. But the diagram will be of 'T' shape using those two rectangles.

This diagram I want to make in it auto cad.

Like suppose the user click a button "show diagram"...it will automatically open an auto cad file to show such diagram or display the diagram in a separate sheet in excel, but diagram will be from auto cad (latter one more needed)

Is there any script for that?

Please reply ASAP

pls help...i got to submit this project tommorow....

Thanks

There is a way to do this with Visual Basic in a Macros, however is a little complicated, it's not that easy. You would have to make routines that take arguments and write the script of a dxf that draws the routines with it's arguments. say, routine line, and you give it pint of start and end, then the macros will write a dxf that has a line with that start point and end point that were input as an argument. This done with several commands. Within the routine " 0", section, entities and many others. and within the macros to draw, worksheets("paper").cells(i,j) to read arguments from excel, open archive +"dxf" for output as #number, print #number to write ion the dxf and many others. I don't know if you are familiarized with how AutoCad writes a script everytime you draw something. It's actually a lot of work to do in just 1 day. You could try to find routines that make the script for lines and circles, I'm sure there are many.

i really am not able to think much on this....can someone please help me do this?

I am attaching my excel file with this...can some one help me out???

please....need to submit it tomorrow.....

will be much grateful....

Book1.zip