glass material

dreamer

I use the default Glass-clear material but when RENDER, the page is all black even I set to have the point light on. The shading is not right too when look at it from Visual Style. Please help.

rendering.jpg

Well, think about it for a minute. If you put a clear glass bottle into a dark room, will you see it?

You need to put other objects around the bottle. Lay down a flat plane for a table top or floor. Put up some walls around it, add other objects, add lights, etc. The glass bottle needs to have objects around it in order to be seen. It needs to reflect the environment around it and refract the light passing through it. If the bottle is just floating in the black void that is model space, you will never see it in the render.

And don't worry about how the bottle looks in your visual style. It won't look that way in the render. Unless you've done something wrong? Is the bottle all one piece or is that a cylinder with a dome set on top? If the bottle is actually two separate parts with surfaces that are touching, (bottom of dome and top of cylinder), then yes, you will have issues when rendering. The bottle should be all one piece.

Hi Cad64

Between your reply and my post, I figured out more or less what you said. And I have now sucessfully created a wine glass.

Thank you for your help.