Civil 3D Label Styles

traumathecat

Hi all. I am new to Civil 3D (running Civil3D 2011) so I don't know much and it is highly likely that I am just missing something so I am hoping one of you can help!

I'm trying to use point label styles to create a callout that would look appropriate for production drawings. In this case, I am working on street improvement plans. I have numerous survey shots (points) of an existing curb and I typically label them with a callout that looks like this

LABEL2.JPG

And the closest thing I am able to produce using label styles is this:

label.JPG

I just don't like that little notch in the leader. Does anyone know if/how I can get rid of it? Or if there is a better way to produce what I am aiming for, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Whenever I get a style that becomes messed up like this, I find it's actually a little easier on me to create a new style than it is to figure out what's wrong with my old one. Luckily, it's pretty easy to switch all of the points from one style to another, so the time spent creating a new style is much shorter than the time it takes to change each little setting in the existing style until I find where the problem is. (Probably not the answer you were looking for, but that's the way I fix these things.)

Whenever I get a style that becomes messed up like this, I find it's actually a little easier on me to create a new style than it is to figure out what's wrong with my old one. Luckily, it's pretty easy to switch all of the points from one style to another, so the time spent creating a new style is much shorter than the time it takes to change each little setting in the existing style until I find where the problem is. (Probably not the answer you were looking for, but that's the way I fix these things.)

Thanks for your response. This is my first time even trying to create one. So it's not really something that got messed up, I have never been able to get it right in the first place. I guess my problem is that I can't get the leader to behave the way I want (as in not creating that angle point) and I cannot find a setting that changes that.