wuhuan2080

When the code run in my computer, it works well ,

but when it runs at other's computer, it comes to as follows:

run-time error '-2147319765 (8002802b)'

automation error

Element not found.

So how can i do?

• 2 weeks later...

What line of the code produces that error? Since it is a little vague, usually when activeX cannot create object, it says so, but that error is also an ASP error, VB based so does the user have the same software scenario as your machine?

Is AutoCAD already started? On both machines, if not on one then you have to create an instance of AutoCAD, or have it available for a getObject connection

Is it relying on any other COM connection through the ActiveX interface?

I used to have that error message when I would terminate AutoCAD while my program was running a connection, and the automation error was because the ActiveX server application, AutoCAD, no longer existed.

It sounds like an ActiveX connection is not being made, or is terminating quickly after creation, need to know what "Element" is refering to, and it must be in the instantiation, procedure or function code, so you may post that, or study it, and investigate the difference in software setup, and software state, as in started, naming etc, versions, exact server (ActiveX) syntax for connection, like are you explicitly coding a path, a app name etc. Post the code and/or check it out.