Freezing Layers In Multiple View Ports

thegodplato

Hi, just changing a drawing that had mulitple view ports and I noticed that in the different vports that some layers are shown and some aren't. I've always wondered how to do this, any clues?

Also, the multiple vports layout was done by our customer but I am using the model space to change/add what we need and then creating a new layout with our company border on it. The thing is that this new layout doesn't show all the necessary info I need and seems to have frozen some important layers. I haven't done anything different than what I normally do. I have checked the Layer Manager to see what is on or off, etc and in the VP Freeze column nothing is frozen, nor is anything Frozen in the New VP Freeze column. In the On/Off and Freeze/Unfreeze columns ( first 2 at the left ) these are set to show what I need but they aren't being shown in my new layout, but are in the model space.

Help!

Are you copying an existing viewport into your new layout or creating an entirely new one?

When you check the layer manager, if you're in model, or do not have any viewport active, it will not display layers as frozen in the vpfreeze column. You must doubleclick within a viewport and make it active to view the frozen layers.