Esc key not working

Hi, I am using Civil 3d (but not drafting anything in 3d mode) and was working on a drawing when all of a sudden my ESC key has stopped working. It won't let me canel any commands, and I have to finish what I was doing and then hit undo. Any suggestions?

The Escape key works as it normally should in all other programs?

Yes, but strangely enough the escape key started to work again in Civil as well. I have no idea what happened.

• 3 months later...

I am working in AutoCAD Lt 2010 and my escape key has also just stopped working - it is functional in all other programmes. This is extremely frustrating.

:?

Sometimes just closing a program down and then shutting off / rebooting the computer is enough to correct the problem. Did you try this yet?

yes i did try that and it didn't work. Thanks for the help - I did find another thread from somewhere else saying that if Photoshop was open it sometimes messed around with the escape key - weird! but when I closed Photoshop it worked! So I'm sorted :D Thanks again! :D

Glad you got it sorted out and thanks for sharing the solution with us.

Just thank God software companies aren't in the automotive business. Imagine not being able to run your AC unit because the radio was playing so you had to shut it off to be able to cool down. Gads!

if Photoshop was open it sometimes messed around with the escape key - weird! but when I closed Photoshop it worked! :D

Yes... It is definitely Photoshop - I just had the same. 8)