Changing Width Factor of Text

Kenter

Hey,

I have an updated version of a code LeeMac gave me. I am wondering how I would change a property of the Text itself tho. I want to change the 'width factor' to 0.8 and am unsure how to do it. Would I set a new cons in the LM:Text to set the width factor...? Any help is appreciated.

Kenter

Lee TEF.LSP

I would have to agree with you. I find dxf codes to be confusing as well. How I figured them out is mostly by experimenting with changing the values.

(DEFUN C:GETDATA ()
 (SETQ SS (SSGET ":s"))
 (SETQ SSN (SSNAME SS 0))
 (SETQ EN (ENTGET SSN))
 (PRINC)
 (TEXTPAGE)
 (PRINC en)
 (princ)
)

The above code retrieves the entity data. I retrieved the entity data and then I change the value of the width factor in the properties and then I retrieved the entity data again to see what changed. In this case association 41 had changed to the value in the width factor... so ok... dxf code 41 changes the width factor. Or one could just do thier research to find what dxf codes represent but what fun would that be! :D

regards,

hippe013

How do you know that? It worked. Prefectly infact. I just don't understand how you knew that. Seems so random to me. lol

See here Kenter:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/acad_dxf1.pdf

Here's a nice way to look at entity data (VLA and DXF)...

(defun c:Info (/ opt obj)
 ;; VLA & DXF Info of selected Primary or Nested object
 ;; Alan J. Thompson
 (initget 0 "Nested Primary")
 (setq opt (cond ((getkword "\nSpecify selection mode [Nested/Primary] <Primary>: "))
                 ("Primary")
           )
 )
 (if (setq obj (car ((if (eq opt "Primary")
                       entsel
                       nentsel
                     )
                      (strcat "\nSelect " opt " object for VLA & DXF info: ")
                    )
               )
     )
   (progn
     (textscr)
     (princ "\nVLA Info:\n\n")
     (vlax-dump-object (vlax-ename->vla-object obj) T)
     (princ "\nDXF Info:\n")
     (mapcar 'print (entget obj))
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

Oh yeah, thanks for the newer DXF link, Lee.

No worries mate :)

FYI, I use MP's EList.lsp to view entget data, I think there is also his Info.lsp - they all do pretty much the same thing :)

No worries mate :)

FYI, I use MP's EList.lsp to view entget data, I think there is also his Info.lsp - they all do pretty much the same thing :)

Yeah, a lot of those, but I wanted one that would give VLA and DXF for a primary and nested object.

Yeah, a lot of those, but I wanted one that would give VLA and DXF for a primary and nested object.

Yeah, I think Info.lsp does that - but I use EList as I don't always want VLA all the time - but in any case it's more rewarding to roll your own :)

Yeah, I think Info.lsp does that - but I use EList as I don't always want VLA all the time - but in any case it's more rewarding to roll your own :)
Nah, his was Info an NInfo. I wanted to wrap everything into one.