Cannot Remove Unreferenced Images

geocad

Hello,

I have a drawing in AutoCAD 2000 with many unreferenced images. I open Image Manager and select one of them or all of them and click detach. Great they are gone, but when I double check and go back into Image Manager they are still there. Does anyone know how to remove these references another way.

I also tried to do this through the command route, -image, D. No luck.

Thanks for any insight.

Remove your images then use the purge command. It might be worth trying. I do not know why, but i have seen it work before.

Unfortunately that does not work either, but thank you for the reply.

This can sometimes happen if there were multiple instances of each image inserted into the drawing, so you may need to repath the images before you can remove them. If you don't have the original images, just change the path to any image you have available and then close the image manager. Once you have all the images successfully repathed, delete all instances from model and paper space. Now you should be able to open your image manager and detach them.

This can sometimes happen if there were multiple instances of each image inserted into the drawing, so you may need to repath the images before you can remove them. If you don't have the original images, just change the path to any image you have available and then close the image manager. Once you have all the images successfully repathed, delete all instances from model and paper space. Now you should be able to open your image manager and detach them.

I thought that this would work, but I ran into the same problem. I didn't have the original images, so I used a different image as you suggested. Once the path was selected I hit OK and then reopened Image Manager. None of the paths were there, so I repeated the steps and saved the paths. The changes were still not saved. It seems that no matter what changes I make in Image Manager nothing remains.

I appreciate your reply and will continue to work towards a solution.