Annotative scale for model & paper space

CivilPrice

I created a linetype with text in it. I set the text style to annotative and .12 in paperspace, But in model space it measures .10. How do I set the model space text size?

Because when I xref it into the sheet the annotative properties work, it changes with the viewport scale but it stays at the model space size of .10

How can I change the model space size of annotative text?

Thank You

no... thats what i dont understand. its doesnt matter what the scale is. the text gets updated but it is always the difference of .10 text height to .12 ???

This has never happend before and I dont know what I did differently?

You said you created a linetype. Is that what's different? If you set a scale in the definition, AutoCAD will ignore all other scale factors.

Another possibility is that the text is showing up at the linetype scale, not the text scale. Have you tried setting the linetype scale to 1.2 (or 1.2 times whatever it is now)?

Ahh, I misunderstood. As CyberAngel said, the text scale in the linetype definition may be the issue. Also, I would think it best to use a text style that is not annotative and with a height of 0 for all text in lines...

Yeah, i should try 0, i used annotative so the text would work with the scaled but I guess it would do that anyways if you set the Linetype scale.

However, the scale in the actual line type is 1, and I have used the exact same linetype in other drawings and it has worked perfectly???

changed the style to non-annotative and size to 0. reloaded the linetype and it still comes in at .10 instead of .12? my text size is set to .12, all of the annotative notes in the drawing change perfectly to .12, just not the linetypes?

it has to be something with a model to paper scale factor, or a text height model to paper space difference. man I hate these little quarks, i know it is something super simple I just dont know what???

Set the textstyle height to 0. Set the s-value in the linetype def to .12.

from help:

S=value. The scale factor to be used for the text style relative to the scale of the linetype. The height of the text style is multiplied by the scale factor. If the height is 0, the value for S=value alone is used as the height.

No idea why annotative doesn't work, buth this methos should...