How do i fix " is not laying on the boundary between solid and fluid region." error

Roary

Ok so what I wan't to do is simulate the flow of air in a simple turbine i modeled.

One entry and one exit . Now i've noticed in tutorials and videos that the model has to be completely closed by "lids[entry and exit]"

I have created the lids using a lids feature button and following the tutorial on solidworks to create lids for the FlowExpress tutorial. But in both cases i get the same error, each time i attempt to set up the boundary conditions, to give the properties of the air going in and out.

Now i've checked the geometry and everything looks fine. i get a fluid volume and everything.

How can I get fix this problem?

Thank You

Roary, are you using flow xpress or the full flow simulation package? the setup is a little different.

When you are setting up your inlet and outlet are you selecting the inside face of the lid?

Im assuming since you are doing flow through a turbine that you are using the full simulation package(possibly student edition) in which case things are not so simple. Are you rotating the turbine and allowing it to draw the air, or are you keeping it stationary and trying to control the inlet flow with the outlet being ATM?

yep that was the problem...i wasn't selecting the inside of lid.

and i use the "Educational Package" or something like that.

I don't know if this can be done yet but am trying to make the air rotate the blades. The book we use in class only cover s basic modelling.

Any tips on how I can achieve this goal? pointing in the right direction will suffice

thanks

I dont have the link to it from my home computer but in the Student Edition if you go to the Tutorials for the simulation(i think its tutorials online or something like that) there is a pdf document that steps you through doing a simulation on a vane setup. This also comes with a tutorial file loaded on your machine to help walk you through it. If you can't find it let me know and ill get you a better idea on how to find it monday when im back in the office.

page 219 of the tutorial pdf is for a Rotating Impeller. The file is too big for me to upload a copy. Some time today ill hop on the student version and try to find the link to it. Its called SolidWorks Flow Simulation 2010 Tutorial and it has a lot of good tutorials in it including a ball valve, but it is not the built in ball valve tutorial for Flow Xpress.