Problem with Formula Field in Dynamic Block

robwalker24

Hi all,

I have created a dynamic block which has four inputted attribute values and one formula field for which is calculated from the values of the other attributes. I am having a little trouble getting everything working ok.

Idealy, I would like to be able to insert this block, input values for U/S IL, Pipe Diameter, Pipe Length and D/S IL and then have the grade calculated without being prompted.

At the moment there is a prompt for grade and it shows up as ####. If i edit the block and reassign the fields once I have inserted the block the grade is shown but I cannot find a way around this.

I'm sorry if I haven't explained this very well. If someone could have a look at the attached block I would be very grateful.

Thanks

SEWERBOX_DYN.dwg

sorry to give bad news but I am unaware of a way to extract this information in a simple block, and I have tried many times. The problem is that you can only select the attribute definition not attribute values once the block has been inserted.

While not giving you a single block it is possible to have a block of your attributes and an MTEXT object in another block. You can put your formula field in the MTEXT object pointing at the block attributes (NOT the attribute definitions) and then combine them in another block. This block then gets inserted AND EXPLODED. This will give you the MTEXT linked to your block but it is then obviously free to be moved or deleted by mistake.