HELP! Model/Paper Space Scaling Incorrect

beck08

Hello,

So I've had this problem before and cannot for the life of me remember how to fix it...

I have created a drawing from scratch, I adjusted the units to Architectural with Inches, and have entered everything in inches.

Now when I go to the viewport in paperspace and for example, select 1:1, the drawing shows up as much smaller than what it should be (as my page is 11 by 17, and I have an 8 foot millwork piece that obviously cannot fit on that size of paper).

I've had help when this had happened before and it was apparently an easy fix - I'm just completely missing something. Please help!!

Thanks.

You neglected to assign a scale, such as 1"=1'-0", to your viewport. One way to do this is using the Viewports toolbar and selecting a scale from the drop-down list. The other way is to click inside the viewport to make it active then type Zoom > S (for Scale) and then assign a nXP scale factor. In the example I cited the scale factor would be 1/12XP.

A scale factor of 1/48XP will produce a view of model space at a scale of 1/4" = 1' relative to paper space.

A scale factor of 1/96XP will produce a view of model space at a scale of 1/8" = 1' relative to paper space.

Are you getting the idea now?

Hello,

thanks for your reply, but I did assign a scale to my viewport... that was the problem - that nothing was showing up correct to my scale.

I did in fact figure it out on my own, though... Just had to put the scale to 1:1 in the Page Setup Manager where I chose the paper size to be 11 by 17, but forgot to adjust the scale of the paper size in there...:oops:

Anyway, thanks again but problem solved! :)