Photoview assign material

filigrana

I have a trsparent closed recipient and an object inside.

In older versions of photoview I could hide the recipient and assign a material to the object inside. In 2010 version I can't assign a material to this object.

Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks in advance

I dont have 2010 so im not sure if this is different or not but I know you can assign your material in SW and these will hold true when opened in Photoview.

However to do what you are asking right click on your object and the pop up menu will have hide element on it. That will let you hide the box and view the part inside as long as they are separate solids in a multi-body part or different parts in an assembly. One thing you need to understand about this method is whatever you have selected(Face/Body/Part/Assembly) will be hidden. So if you have a solid part but your selection button is on "face" you will only hide the external face of your solid. Keep this in mind. If you are dealing with multiple solids in a single part you will need to select "Body". If you select "appearance" i believe anything with that same appearance will be hidden.

Ok, but the problem that I have is once I have hidden de box, I can see the object inside, but when I assign a material to it, appears the hidden part and the material is assigned to the box, not to the object inside.

I'm afraid it's an error of this version.

Im not sure i am following the problem. Are these separate parts in an assembly or part of the same body? When you are assigning material what is your selection(Face/Body/Part/Assembly)?

It's an assembly with two parts, one inside the other. To see the part of inside, I've to hide the external one.

I select with the option "part" (but I've tried all options) to assign material but when I assign it to the inside part, the other become visible and the material is assigned to this part, not to inside part.

Its working fine with me but I am using 09. How are you applying the materials? are you Left clicking on the appearance sphere you want and dragging it onto the part or are you selecting the part first? I am dragging the appearance onto the part.

PW360.jpg

Thank you for your answers. I have attached an image to show it.

I could do that I want in pv2009, but the 2010 version has this error and it's impossible to assign any material to the sphere inside.

rend1.jpg

filigrana, i just got on a computer with 2010 and gave this a shot and it worked the same as in 09 for me. It allowed me to hide the outside part and apply the material to the inside part with no issues.

Can you walk me through how you are applying the material to the sphere?

FYI i was using 2010 with Service Pack 2.0.

There is an assembly with 2 parts.

1. First I select the "part" button selection

2. Then I choose a material and drag it onto the outside part

3. I hide the outside part and I can see the sphere

4. I choose a new material and drag it onto the sphere

5. When I do this, suddenly the outside part appears and the material is assigned to this part, not to the sphere.

The assembly is made by sw2009, but I'm trying to render it on pw2010. Maybe this is the problem.

Well the assembly i made was in 09 and i brought it into PW2010 without the issue.

The only difference in the way i did it was i hid the outside part first, applied the material to the inside part, then unhid the outside part and applied material to it. What service pack are you on? maybe it was a glitch that was fixed.

its no bother at all. I would like to know if the current service pack fixes the problem or not so if you dont mind just updating this thread if it does or doesnt work. :D

• 3 weeks later...