help changing 3d model

gargoyle27

i need to use a 3d dwg for use in a cnc program, the bottom line is when trying to draw anything, it automatically draws it on the xy regardless of what plane the lines i'm snapping to are on, i'm sure theres just a check box somewhere to change it so it draws on any plane or orientation, but i can't find it

anyones help would be awesome

Check the setting of your OSNAPZ variable.

Controls whether object snaps are automatically projected onto a plane parallel to the XY plane of the current UCS at the current elevation.

0 Osnap uses the Z-value of the specified point

1 Osnap substitutes the Z-value of the specified point with the elevation (ELEV) set for the current UCS

i use inventor for 3d stuff, and since the program needs dwg (or at least it doesn't accept ipts so we were trying a few different things to see what would work) i exported the ipt to a dwg, in the part there is a negative rotation of a circle thru a non perpendicular face and it ends up translating that as a spline instead of an arc (and the cam program didn't like that it seems), so i attempted to erase the spline and insert a 3 point arc, and it wasn't working because it would keep in trying to draw it on the xy plane

this might be a silly situation and it might have an easier answer, but i am really unfamilar with 3d autocad as well as the limitations of this new program

2009, i looked up ucs and i think i got it figured out, i was just totally baffled and frustrated that the cursor was snapping to a point, then the line or whatever i tried to draw, wouldn't snap to it when it was drawn