Proxy Information

donz67z

When I open some drawings Ive received through email I get a proxy information window that says to download an AutoCad object enabler to edit the drawing. It appears the drawing was created using AutoCad Civil 3D. After downloading the enabler and restarting my computer I still get the window and still cant edit the drawings, Ive used Autocad for years but Im not familiar with this problem, any advice? Thanks a lot.

Don

Edited by donz67z

Proxy objects are objects that live in a drawing Civil 3d example the TIN contours!

Autocad architectural doors walls windows etc you can not edit them unless in the architectural package.

Bottom line can not edit who ever sent you the drawing though can blow them apart but makes drawings big and they lose their groupness a door becomes lots of bits but will look the same.