Fading lines

nowikovs12

Hi everyone, I was wondering is there an option where you can dim or change the opacity of a drawn line? Similar to when you can change the linetype and linewieght, is there a precentage that allows to dim lines? Like when you insert .pdf plans as underlay, and you can actualy reduce the opacity. So that when you plot the plan drawing, some lines look solid black, but some are almost impossible to see? Or should I just change the colour of the line to light gray? :) thank you

Hi ReMark, thanks for reply. Both, in the drawing space and plotting. Screened? could you give more information on that? or a link for it :) thanks

Re: Plotting

If you edit your plot style, via the Plot Style Table Editor, there is an entry for Screening. The default is 100 which is equivalent to a solid black line. As the number is adjusted downward the line becomes lighter.

Re: On screen

Try using colors 250 through 255. They are different shades of gray.

• 1 year later...

I seemed to have found a solution. I opened Styles, Hidden, Silhouette and changed the setting from 3 to 1.

The lines now show solid the length of the pipe. Don't know if there is any other switch that forced me to change to 1, but I am able to continue with the plotting (until something else shows up from the change.)

Thanks for the response.