problem with 3d model drawing

suncasin

I draw a 3d model in map3d 2009. It contains about 600 solids (pipes, walls, roofs, ...), some of them was draw with the 30-day free licence program pipefit pro. Now, when I open the drawing, at the start (before acad sets full up) it looks ok, after acad sets full up the drawing is a total mess. It looks like that all solid are concentrated with their center of balance in one point. The thumbnail looks ok, but when I open it, like I said... a mess. The file is to big to send. Any advice?

The thumbnail looks ok, ....

Thumbnail is meaningless - simply a screen capture taken at some save point. It does not accurately reflect geometry within the file. This frustrates a lot of people when it looks good in the picture but then doesn't open looking like the pretty picture.

Hi,:)

I think there are two possibilities:

1 - solids during the conversion have moved to a point ... unlikely if not impossible.

2 - During the conversion there was a problem of scale: it may be that their relative distance is a scale much smaller than their size, and thus seem concentrated at a point.

Objects that are concentrated are solid or other entities, such surface grouped in blocks?

Regards

All solids are "messed up". I didn't group any solids. Still don't now whats going on. When I open the drawing in DWG TrueView all looks ok, but in Acad, like I said a total (concentrated) mess...

model dwg trueview.jpg

model acad.jpg

Edited by suncasin

...Maybe there's a black hole in the DWG file ...

lolz! ...that's exactly what it looks like. Somehow, everything has a position coordinate of 0,0,0 (centered to the origin). Strange...

Uf, I found a older version that works, so always make a copy when you experiment (that works!). Thanks anyway! If there's any candidate who has the time and will, I can send the file (2MB) to e-mail. Thanks again!