3D Constraints? Here's what I'm trying to do.

B_Rich

I've drawn up a subwoofer in AutoCAD and Inventor (both 2011 versions, both have the same dimensions) and eventually I would like to make an animation of the cone moving up and down, as if it were producing sound. I have a pretty good idea of how I want to do this, but I would like to constrain the part where the cone of the sub, meets the surround of the sub. Also, If I could constrain the outside part of the surround, to the outer ring. Then the surround would be "stretching" or "deforming" slightly as it moved back and fourth. Can AutoCAD or Inventor simulate something like this with ease? So far, I can't find a way to do so.

Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas as to what I could do? Here is a picture for reference. AutoCAD on the left, Inventor on the right. All help is appreciated.

Untitled-10.jpg

Forget AutoCAD. You will have to drive a radious parameter in Inventor to achieve the effect you are after. Also, it appears you have a surface body for the cone rather than a solid body. Doesn't really effect what you are trying to do - but doesn't reflect reality.

Hm, radious parameter? Do you mean radius parameter? Yeah the cone is a surface revolve. I didn't want to mess with the thickness of it. I'm just doing this for fun, not getting paid to do it or anything (maybe someday though). Just something that is visually close and to scale will work for what I'm doing.

Thanks for the reply.