Cannot draw on a A1 841 x 594

paulie

Hello guys!

I am running autocad 2010 and i am pretty bad at it :( Last autocad i used was 2006.

I am trying to draw rectangle around the edges of the page. And something i am doing wrong cause i just can't get it to work.

1. I installed autocad, set the first wizzard to structural engineering, and unit type to metric.

2. I typed in "pagesetup" and created a new A1 layout 841 x 594 set the measurement unit to mm and the orientation to landscape. Clicked "Set Current".

3. Typed in "units" and set the lenght and angle to decimal and the insertion scale to mm.

4. Typed in "limits" and set 0,0 the first line and 841,594 the second line.

5. I am typing "line" 25,5, then i type @839,0 at this point the lines is drawn out of the page and i cannot zoom out and neither move to the right to see the end of it.

Thank you for reading. Can you please help me?

A couple of other suggestion work in model space draw your object at 1:1 true measurements forget limits. Go to paperspace layout tab draw a rectang 800,555. Then MV and pick this square, this has created a A1 title block at 1:1 with a viewport window that you can use to scale your object.

Just double click to get inside the box and Z E your dwg will appear, if you have the viewports toolbar turned on it will show you the current scale factor you can use the pull down arrow to set to the scale you want. Double click outside of view and draw your title block remember it must be about 20-30mm smaller than 841,594. return to model space and continue.

There is lots more but this should get you started using model & paper space, remember you can drag the size of the view window or create more as required.