Enlarge the font in the standard text editor? (Not mtext).

SteveBubendorf

Is there a way to enlarge the font in the standard text editor (not mtext)? I'm finding myself wasting a lot of time positioning my cursor with the mouse, only to have to use the arrow keys to get the cursor where I really wanted it? I guess I'm getting old and the eyesight is going. No! Actually, I've had trouble with this for years. I find this to be one of the biggest time wasters I deal with. The letters are just too close together in the dialog to accurately place the cursor without really slowing down the editting process.

Thanks !!!

Troggaf,

I am trying Lee's lisp below. If you have something that you are willing to share, I would love to try it. Thanks !

Lee,

I think my need is more than ocular. My mouse hand apparently isn't as steady as it used to be, either. I'm not only getting old; I'm getting decrepit.:)

Your QuickEdit.lsp program seems much better than the standard AutoCAD dialog. Is it the fixed width font that makes it so? By calling out the fixed width font, do you automatically get the font that presents itself in the dialog, or is that called out somewhere else that I missed?

Lee, I posted part of an editing program that I use to pick up most of the text type entities with one program in terms of being able to edit them. Is there any way that your QuickEdit.lsp could be quickly edited so that I can substitute QE for DDEDIT in the attached code? Or would I be better off just trying to edit the standard AutoCAD DDEDIT dialog box for the fixed width font? How can I find which acad.dcl is being used by AutoCAD. I tried to modify the file last night, but could not find the appropriate file.

I found that changing the dtexted variable might be another solution to my problem, although I like the dialog box better than the in place editor .

Thanks a lot, Lee !!!

(setq a1  (ssget ' ( (-4 . 
"<OR")
        (0 . 
"ATTDEF")
        (0 . 
"TEXT")
        (0 . 
"DIMENSION")
        (0 . 
"INSERT")
        (0 . 
"MTEXT")
       (-4 . 
"OR>")
      )
   )
)
(setq 
n (sslength a1))
(setq index 0)
(setq d2a 
"DUMMY")
(repeat n
 (setq b1 (entget (ssname a1 
index)))
 (setq b3 (cdr (car b1)))
 (setq tip (cdr 
(assoc 0 b1)))
 (setq e b1)
 (if (= tip "ATTDEF") 
(command "ddedit" b3 ""))
 (if (= tip "TEXT") (command "ddedit" b3 
""))
 (if (= tip "INSERT") (command "ddatte" 
b3))
 (if (= tip "MTEXT") (command "ddedit" 
b3))
 (if (= tip "DIMENSION") (DDEDIM E))  ;Dependent 
Function This File.
 (setq index (+ index 1))
)  
;repeat

Hi Steve,

You are correct, the DCL Attribute: fixed_width_font = true; causes the text to be displayed as you witnessed.

Please try the attached program, I have restructured the main QuickEdit program to a subfunction, accepting an entity argument and returning a string.

I have furthermore offered three programs which utilise the new QuickEdit subfunction: 'qe', 'iqe' and 'mqe'. Descriptions of these programs are included in the code.

Lee

QuickEditV1-1.lsp