AutoLISP Using FeatureElevsFromSurf COMMAND

srv560

Hello,

I am very interested in using the FeatureElevsFromSurf Command in an existing AutoLISP. The Lisp I have created runs through a series of approximately 1,000 PolyLInes which are used to cut cross Sections through a series of 3D solids. As each Section is cut and exported the last step is to take the PolyLIne and snap it to a TIN surface. I cannot figure out how to call the FeatureElevsFromSurf command in my LISP so that the surface selection dialog box doesn't pop up and halt the progression of the LISP. I have tried using -FeatureElevsFromSurf to suppress the dialog but it did not work.

Any Ideas?

I am using Civil 3D 2011

Thank you!

Many of the AECC commands cannot be manipulated in the traditional way of vanilla AutoCAD commands (as you've stated with the "-" prefix). In those situations, you need to open the VLIDE help file for ways of 'replicating' the functionality you desire.

For this situation, look into the ExtractContour Method of the IAeccSurface Interface, found in the 'AutoCAD Civil 3D ActiveX Reference'.

Edit: I am mistaken about that method. I'll see if I can dig the right one up.

Hope this helps!

• 4 years later...