HATCHMAKER lisp for creating hatches from a drawing

designerstuart

hi all

i just found this lsp here - it is awesome - but i always get the error message:

Command: ; error: AutoCAD variable setting rejected: "HPNAME" "FACE"

even although it all seems to work fine. should this be a problem later on? thanks to lanny schiele for the code. (and cadtutor 2006 archive for finding it!)

The system variable HPNAME sets the default hatch pattern. Normally this is ANSI31 if working in imperial units and ANGLE if working in metric units. I don't think the variable is saved with the drawing if I recall correctly but I believe there is a workaround for this by editing the acadlsp.doc file. A search of this site will most likely uncover the solution to the problem.

oh yes i see near the end of the code there is this bit:

(progn
   (setvar "HPNAME" HatchName)
   (princ (strcat "\nHatch pattern '"
    HatchName
    "' is ready to use!"
   )
   )
 )

is this meant to set your new hatch as the default option? i don't need that, but it seems odd to do that anyway..... so i tried deleting this bit of code, but now i get a message saying "unable to create hatch pattern". even although it does create it, and works just fine.

please understand i don't have a problem here, just trying to learn! willl keep messing about until i break it...... heh heh