Can someone make a custom stamp for Acrobat Standard?

SuperCAD

I'm trying to eliminate the manual stamping process here for our "master" drawings. Right now, we print a hard copy and stamp it with a dated master stamp. Then we print two copies for the PM's and stamp those with a copy stamp. This, to me, is a waste of time and I'd like to go a different route.

What I'd like to do with our PDF files is electronically stamp them when they are stored on the server, get rid of manually stamping them and storing a hard copy since anyone with a computer has access to the PDF files and can print them when they need them. However, I only have Acrobat Standard and I can't make any custom stamps (the generic ones that come with it won't do what I need).

All I need is two custom stamps for Adobe that have a dynamic date applied to them; one for MASTER drawing and the other for REVISED drawings. If anyone can help me out, I'll promise to contribute more to the forums (or buy you a drink if we ever have a CADTutor party).

okay have tried but no photoshop is proving difficult.... can you provide a pdf of the image (border plus "master" text) the right size etc. for me to use and i will put the dynamic bit on it.

i'm sorry i have not done this for you..... :-(

and now i have to go home for christmas :-)

can somebody else please do this - it's not that hard!

stuart

• 4 weeks later...

The reason why we don't use the plot stamp for this is because we have two different orientations for our drawings (vertical and horizontal) so the stamp won't end up in the same place when applied and may be obstructed by either the title block or drawing objects.

I thought I had fixed this, but the dynamic date won't update when I try and add the stamp to a new drawing. The stamp retains the date from when I created the dynamic form data.

Here are the two stamps that I made. If anyone knows what I did wrong, please let me know.

Dynamic Revised Stamp.pdf

Dynamic Master Stamp.pdf