Print to PDF without the layout name?

cadman6735

I read somewhere that in R14 that when you print to a file or PDF that the layout tab name is not included in the file name. In ACAD2000 this was changed to include the layout name in the file name after printing.

I want to print to file and not have the layout name included in the file name, can this be done? I am sure it can but how?

My code does not work... No supprise here... :unsure:

(defun reNameLayout ()

(setq
   acadActiveDocument (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))

(setq newName nil)
  (vla-put-name
  (vla-get-Layout (vla-get-PaperSpace acadActiveDocument)) newName)
 (princ)
 )

Any ideas?

thanks

You can't have a null Layout Name, another approach would be to use code to rename the resultant files to remove the appearance of the layout name.

Look into such functions as vl-file-rename, vl-directory-files etc, this might also help.

But surely when printing, the code pulls the layout name and appends it to the file name, somewhere. I understand that I can't have a nul layout tab but can I stop the layout name from being appended to the end of the file name at print?

The file gets it name from somewhere. right?

But surely when printing, the code pulls the layout name and appends it to the file name, somewhere. I understand that I can't have a nul layout tab but can I stop the layout name from being appended to the end of the file name at print?

The file gets it name from somewhere. right?

Sure, but I very much doubt that interface is accessible through LISP.

sorry missed your second part of your post, you must have edited as I was or I am just blind

I will look into the example you gave me

Thanks