Slice 3d Solid Along An Arc Surface

CiCAD

Ive Attached DWG can someone please tell me how to slice along arc surface i would like to slice away the purple panel and have the grey panel run through Please Help you will have to explode the purple block first

3D Help.dwg

What are we looking at? Where do the purple and grey panel meet?

You have three layers. They are "0", Material - Aluminum, and Material - Poly.

You have at least one block named "3d Panel".

See if you can answer the questions put to you.

What do you mean by "this panel to run through?" Through what? Or is it that you want one continuous panel in the front and not two?

Something about the front grey panel on the right, at the bottom, doesn't look right. The geometry appears to be off.

Alright, the purple panel is sliced at the edge where it meets up with the grey panel. Please answer the two questions I asked on line 2 of this post. Hurry up. A snowstorm is coming and I've got things to do. You got 5 minutes from now: 10:52 p.m. GST. GO!

Edited by ReMark

ReMark, if you opened the 2nd drawing it's all explained there.

It's as clear as mud. You'll note that in the first post above the OP indicates he wants to slice the purple panel yet his drawing shows the grey panels being sliced. Which would you go by?

It's as clear as mud. You'll note that in the first post above the OP indicates he wants to slice the purple panel yet his drawing shows the grey panels being sliced. Which would you go by?

He wasn't clear. Slice the purple panel to stop at the grey panel. As for the grey panel, he wants it to be extruded following the shape of the purple panel.

Edit: Wow that was fast :D

The same panels but the opposite condition. The side panels stop flush with the back of the front panels. So it proves it can be done both ways.

SliceOfLife_2.jpg

If there is another condition the OP wanted he'll have to do a better job of explaining.

CiCAD: Which image, if any, that I posted satisfies the condition you were attempting to achieve? Did you complete the task yourself yet? Please update us.

The SLICE command was used in both instances. I would have preferred duplicating some geometry and doing a Subtraction and then substitute some objects but the geometry at the front (bottom) of your object is a bit out of whack. I did not notice it until I zoomed in for a much closer look.

I did it by borrowing a piece of the geometry from one of the grey panels. Had to copy them off to one side and explode them to get what I needed.