Automatically Save to Earlier Version

DouglasRPayne

A few co-workers in the office are working in later versions of AutoCad. Can they adjust a setting to always save to v.2007 rather than having to adjust the "save-as" drop down each time they save.

There is no options menu in the mac version. When you type in "options" you get a application preferences menu that has some of the same tabs as options in the pc version but not the "Open and Save" menue.

Is there a menu that is called 'Assist'? At the bottom the Options are there for my 2008 version. Earlier versions had this under the 'Tools' menu I think. Also, this is PC and not MAC, but maybe it will help. If not try the help files.

I also know JACK about MAC, but I did read at the Autodesk forums that the default save location option is not included in AutoCAD for MAC, at least not in the Options, or Preferences, or whatever it's called in MAC. As a long shot, check on your "Save" and/or "SaveAs" dialog to see if the option is available from there.

SaveAs.JPG

"...the default save location option is not included in AutoCAD for MAC"

AutoDesk should be required to put a list on the outside of the software package informing the customer of all the features that are NOT included in AutoCAD for MAC so they don't end up wasting both their time and money.

While not on the box, they did publish a list of "some" of the features that AutoCAD for Mac does not contain. IMO, that software was nowhere near ready for release. What's really sad is that they charge the same price as regular AutoCAD.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15833488&linkID=15839490

That was part of their ad campaign. Less product...Same price. Buy now before we take out more stuff and charge more money!

Now how much would you pay?

autodesk probably figuired since this is the first version available on the mac there is no need to save to a previous version as there is no earlier version--for mac that is...autodesk did not anticipate a mixed platform office?..