Updating block attributes

migs

I have spent most of today and yesterday searching through threads, websites and various programs and come up with not a great deal :ouch:

im not even sure if its possible so im looking for some assistance if anyone can be so kind...

I am looking for a simpler way of updating our Title Blocks, quite simply put im looking to be able to update really just the Revision number and the Drawing comment, and if possible once that is done to save the drawing with the same drawing name but using the new Revision number.

so not alot really.

I have BATCHATT.LSP in which im able to run a Script over multiple drawings.

I have also Lee Macs Global Attribute Editor (MACATTEDIT.LSP)

I have looked into the Express tools ATTIN & ATTOUT, this is the closest ive came to solving the problem although when i try to update the attributes via the excel sheet over multiple drawings then it will run through all of the drawings and excel sheet but update them all to the last row in the excel sheet, so for instance

DRAWING NO - REV - COMMENT

XYZ-1-1111 - 11 - MANUFACTURED

XYZ-1-2222 - 22 - COMMENT

XYZ-1-3333 - 33 - SKETCH

run ATTIN & ATTOUT and the attributes end up like

XYZ-1-3333 - 33 - SKETCH

XYZ-1-3333 - 33 - SKETCH

XYZ-1-3333 - 33 - SKETCH

any ideas on a way to work round this or a LISP that could do some of the required updates?

any ideas or help would be much appreciated as i think ive exhausted googles search engine :unsure:

I have spent most of today and yesterday searching through threads, websites and various programs and come up with not a great deal :ouch:

im not even sure if its possible so im looking for some assistance if anyone can be so kind...

I am looking for a simpler way of updating our Title Blocks, quite simply put im looking to be able to update really just the Revision number and the Drawing comment, and if possible once that is done to save the drawing with the same drawing name but using the new Revision number.

so not alot really.

I have BATCHATT.LSP in which im able to run a Script over multiple drawings.

I have also Lee Macs Global Attribute Editor (MACATTEDIT.LSP)

I have looked into the Express tools ATTIN & ATTOUT, this is the closest ive came to solving the problem although when i try to update the attributes via the excel sheet over multiple drawings then it will run through all of the drawings and excel sheet but update them all to the last row in the excel sheet, so for instance

XYZ-1-1111 - 11 - MANUFACTURED

XYZ-1-2222 - 22 - COMMENT

XYZ-1-3333 - 33 - SKETCH

run ATTIN & ATTOUT and the attributes end up like

XYZ-1-3333 - 33 - SKETCH

XYZ-1-3333 - 33 - SKETCH

XYZ-1-3333 - 33 - SKETCH

any ideas on a way to work round this or a LISP that could do some of the required updates?

any ideas or help would be much appreciated as i think ive exhausted googles search engine :unsure:

I've had good luck with this :

UpdateTitleblockV1-0.txt