Creating Angular Dimension when dealing with objects that are scaled differently.

Proctor

angular dim smaller dim.jpg

Hello: When I use the angular dimension's tool to create and display the angular dimension of my polygon, it displays differently dependent on the scaling of the object. e.g. if you look at the first pic above, you can see that the display looks good; however, when i do the same thing on the same object that's been scaled way down, the angular dimension doesn't display the same (second pic).

Is there a way to make the angular dimension always display according to the object's scaling?

Thank you,

Proctor

angular dim.jpg

How is the position of the "Green Line" determined in the drawings? If it were drawn at the same angle, then the dimension would be the same.

What is the purpose of the "Green Line"? There is no object there. There is no reason to dimension an arc in that manner is why I am qasking.

At any given point along the arc, the resulting angular dimension will be different.

Thanks for your reply Dana W.

Now that I'm looking at the pics I sent, i realize that the dimensions aren't the same...and I want them to be.

I want the dimensions to be the same and also....I want the display to look the same for both senerios.

I realized that in order for the dimensions to be the same, I must first create the same distance from each point on the object i'm selecting from. e.g. if looking at the first object, I could select my first point that's .5 distance from the right of the center (coner) and then another point that's .5 distance from the left of the same corner.

after, i would need to rescale the .5 distance when working with the smaller object so that it's scaled down the same amount i used when creating the smaller object. this should give me the same dimensions - do you agree?

hope i'm explaining ok. I don't know how to rescale the display so that it looks like the first object's display.

thanks again,

proctor

I just did an experiment and I don't need to rescale the distance for the smaller one. I just need to use the same distance and then I'll get the same angle.

Now i just need to make is display the same for each.

Thanks,

Proctor

Hello: I'm working only in modelspace.

Thank you,

Proctor

See, that's the thing. Draw ONE object in modelspace, and present the SCALED image in paperspace through the use of a layout with a viewport.