layout of a 3D

Sil

Layout of a civil (formwork) 3D drawing

I make a drawing in 3D, several concrete covered tanks connected to each other, but I have to make an 2D civil guide line with dimensions, something likes a formwork drawing. I only want to see the hidden lines just behind the wall, the connected elements on the wall.

When I use a flatshot I have to many hidden lines, also the one of the last tank. You don’t see if the opening is in this wall or 3 walls behind.

When I use a sectionplane, I take a top view, I also see the drain pits, plinths,.. from the bottom plate (and the tank is covered with a concrete slab), normally it is not visible. I can’t see the difference between a beam connecting the slab (underneath) or an opening on another level.

Is there an useful command? Or do I have to slice the construction behind the wall to make a flatshot/sectionplane?

Is it also possible that the 3D and 2D are still connected? If a wall or opening move place, I don’t have to redo everything.

I work with AutoCAD 2011 full version.

Thanx

When you don't see what you are looking for then it should be obvious you need to cut your section differently.

Use the Section Plane tools if you want to be able to update the 2D blocks whenever you have modified the 3D geometry.

Thanx

I'm now trying out the 3Dclip, so I can slice in front and behind the wall, so I only have the things I need. But how do I get it off, the 3Dclip?

After this I can do the sectionplane or flatshot.

I'm not sure what you are asking re: "get it off, the 3Dclip".

After you have used 3Dclip are you wanting to use the SectionPlane or Flatshot command on what you are seeing?

The 3DCLIP command brings up a UI box, move over each icon to see what they do, or consult help, the right two turn front and back clip on/off.