Modelspace Dimensions in Viewport

SLW210

For some reason, I have 1 drawing that will let me select and modify some dimensions in a Paperspace viewport, but others are nonselectable. I can go to the Model Tab and select any dimensions I want.

If I select the dimension in Model Tab, I can go back to Paperspace Viewport and select that dimension, but now dimensions that were selectable before are nonselectable. :shock::?:unsure:

I am thinking it may be graphics card issue or some sort of limit. :?

Well I had already brought in my DimStyle and set all dimensions to it and purged the Dimstyles that were in the drawing, but didn't purge_all since I wasn't through moving to new layers, etc. Just purge_all did not fix this, I had to Save and reopen, I figured that out when looking at the DWG I had posted after doing the Purge_all, save before uploading.

All the drawings from this place are a mess.:(

Pretty sure my Graphics Card is taking a dump. Earlier all open drawings everything was gone, just a blank drawing, model space empty, paper space empty. Just like all the layers were turned off. Drawings were fine, I closed and reopened, everything is there, but now I have ghosts and blips. If anybody knows another solution to this let me know. I have a call in to IT to come fix it. I am good at CAD, but drawing on a blank screen without seeing what I am drawing, I have trouble with. :D

This is a screen shot of what should be the symbol for annotative dimensions.

You're not using one of those flakey Dells from thier lease program that had the bad capacitors on the motherboard, are you? That caused a symptom similar to what you are describing when they would blow.

Normally I'm a big fan of Dell, they are pretty solid for the most part, but the ones they had in that lease program a couple years ago were pretty sorry.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back to life.

I have a Lenovo computer and a different computer from the one with the similar problem in the above posts as well as an Nvidia Quadro 600. This titlblock is from an older drawing and similar to the one in the previous posts as well as I have this problem with all drawings using this title block.

The ghost also show up in plot preview, I have not actually plotted yet though.

Drawing attached.

The "ghosts" start showing up after zooming around in paper space usually.

This is in paperspace, the items circled in red and with the red arrows are not actual paper space objects, but some sort of ghosting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33722[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33723[/ATTACH]

This is model space...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33724[/ATTACH]

The drawing contains a parallelogram in model space and a title block in a layout tab.