Move text to separate layers

woodman78

Hi,

Great to see the site back up and running!!!

I have a problem that I am hoping that someone can help me with. The guys in our office process their surveys through a software package that does a reasonable job of assigning layer to different objects etc. I need to split some text to different layers however and the surveying package connot do it.

On the attached image is a screen grab of a survey point post processing. We need to have the level (green), point number (red) and feature code (blue) on separate layers. We can have surveys with close on 30,000 points and being able to turn off certain info is vital in using the survey.

The level comes in on its own layer. But the point number and feature code come in on the same layer. Is it possible with Lisp to put them on separate layers? I was thinking that one way might be to cycle through the survey points in the drawing and to select the text that occurs at X+0.26, Y-0.15 and move that to a certain layer, where X & Y are the survey point coords. I wouldn't have a hope of coding this. My Lisp knowledge doesn't go much further than tinkering with already created Lisps. And I even manage to screw that up more often than not.

I'm sure there are many ways of doing this and I would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks.Survey Point.PNG

If a new layer was created and made current then couldn't you use QSelect to grab the entities followed by the Change to Current Layer command to move the entities to it?

When exporting survey data for plan production more often than not it has been my experience that the point number is not required (except for survey pegout although this info is not on the setout plan) and only the feature code and level are shown.

The survey design package you are exporting from (which program exactly?) should have an option to export the point numbers, feature codes and levels all on their own layers. Certainly it should be able to export the point numbers onto one layer if they are not part of the prefix/suffix layering system for codes and heights.

So in essence I'd go back to the survey program (and if no luck, call the helpline/developer and ask them) to try to accomplish this. If it doesn't, look at getting better survey design software.

If the MTEXT already has the red and blue colouring and you have created the required layers, then as ReMark said use QSelect to select all MTEXT with one of the colours and then in the properties window change the layer to that that you want.It doesn't matter if you have just one or 50000 it will be done in a couple of seconds.

I assume that all of the text items are separate and not block attributes. If they are block attributes you could always redefine the block and give each attribute the layer you want.

Hi,

........The level comes in on its own layer. But the point number and feature code come in on the same layer. Is it possible with Lisp to put them on separate layers? I was thinking that one way might be to cycle through the survey points in the drawing and to select the text that occurs at X+0.26, Y-0.15 and move that to a certain layer, where X & Y are the survey point coords.....

Thanks.[ATTACH]26635[/ATTACH]

It would be nice to code :), but i agree with Remarks suggestion

Play around with Qselect or ssx (not a native autocad command ))

If the software can put the elevation on a separate layer from the description and the point number, I'm sure it can separate each item to it's own layer. What software are you using? This reminds me of stuff from back in the r14 days.

r ssx (not a native autocad command ))

SSX is a LISP routine that is part of Express Tools, but predates even them by a long shot.

ahhh :shock:, you are right!, guess its time to fire up VLIDE,

let me at 'em!!

I like to scroll down to line 202, add a new line and fill it with:

(sssetfirst nil f2)

How would sorting by X value help in this case?

select the text that occurs at X+0.26, Y-0.15 and move that to a certain layer

Ask the OP, I just gave an example of what QSelect could do.

We need to have the level (green), point number (red) and feature code (blue) on separate layers. We can have surveys with close on 30,000 points and being able to turn off certain info is vital in using the survey.

Your silence makes me think you already figured out a solution for your request

anyhooo . you mentioned on your post

But the point number and feature code come in on the same layer.

same layer but different color is easy to filter using QSELECT,

Create the new layer for the point number or feature code,

isolate the layer, where these text resides.

LAYISO ("lock" option NOT "off")

_properties

click QSELECT icon, select "color" option

change the layer

simple like that

otherwise we'll write a small routine for that, but you need to provide more information..

and then add..

(sssetfirst nil f2)

at the end. :)

Edited by pBe