Anyway to bypass this error?

Accoes

Try this out

(vl-load-com)
(setq sset (ssget))
(setq vla-sset (vla-get-activeselectionset(vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))))
(vlax-for obj vla-sset
;;;do your work with every object (obj) in selection here
)

Follow the directions explained in this tutorial to use the Visual LISP IDE to get information about how to use a function, including the arguments and returns for that function.

Let me explain a little.Our soft comes with a .dll for properties in Autocad.I wanted to see if I unloaded this ,how much of the object properties I could see with a dump.The dump works as long as the .dll is loaded. I guess what I'm asking is if this .dll is not loaded is the object carrying these properties still? I cannot tell due to the ename stuff.

Edited by Accoes
added question

I was using your (dump) Lisp Lee.If you notice it was asking for the ename and errored.Dxf ?

The dxf version gives me the same results as (entget(car(entsel))).The vlax-dump provides additional info .

Edited by Accoes

I was using your (dump) Lisp Lee.If you notice it was asking for the ename and errored.Dxf ?

My function: 'LMDump' will take a VLA-Object, Entity name, or DXF Association List and print the ActiveX Properties and Methods associated with the object in question.