mirror drawing but not text - sort of

designerstuart

hi all

i want to mirror a drawing wholesale, but its layout means that i have text at various rotations..... see pic. there's a plan in the middle, with elevations around like a net.

textmirror.jpg

i know the variable MIRRTEXT but this won't solve the problem, because i want the text to flip to the new location as it does, but also mirror its orientation, if that makes sense. currently i can only mirror everything as if it were a block (backwards text) or as a 'clever' autocad user (upside-down text).

if it doesn't, i'll post more pics. cheers.

Edited by designerstuart
more clarity?!

okay so maybe another image will help?!

original on left, mirrored on right. top one text is backwards, bottom text is upside-down

is there a way that this will work?

mrrrrtxt.jpg

note it works fine when mirroring text left to right, just top to bottom that causes problem. and ignore the dims, i have a wonderful DIMFLIP lisp!

I looked at this last night, I may be being dim but can't quite work out what you want but the problem has intrigued me. Can you upload the file with a line indicating where you want to mirror?

GLEN

yes here's a dwg - not much to it. i'll post a screenshot too. MIRRTEXT.dwg

mirrtextdwg.jpg

look at the red boxed bit. it's an elevation. notice how when the entire dwg is mirrored, its text is either backwards or upside-down. mirror line drawn, if it helps.

i would have thought that when you mirror text, there is a variable for its orientation to be mirrored, too. i understand that the mirrtext=0 is very useful, but so would this be! and knowing autoCAD, where everything is controllable, i expect it's in there somewhere. just need to know what it's called!

thanks all

I see now, that is a similar problem I've had with dimensions but with LT I can't use LISPs to correct it. I can see in the text styles and option to make text upside down and and backwards but even when I set up a new style and changed the mirrored text nothing happened. This one is beyond me I'm afraid.

This one is beyond me I'm afraid.
yeah me too. thanks for giving it a go. my DIMFLIP is a life saver.... couldn't go a day without it. i have hundreds of these things to mirror and don't want to have to do the same laborious process i'm doing so far on all of them:

---------------------

mirror everything

textflip (another lisp) all the vertical text

mirror all the vertical text about its base point

move to realign text with leader

When I'm drawing a terrace of housing I have to duplicate everything for the mirrored units so I have 2 x-ref versions of everything because it won't flip the text within x-refs.

As far as I can see your small drawing is working a expected, what are you trying to achieve?

Yeah, MIRROR and MIRRTEXT appear to be working as expected, but I see what you want to do. You want the vertical texts to continue to read clockwise after mirroring, but that would require a command that both mirrors and rotates vertical text at the same time. I'd just change them manually if there's only a handful, otherwise I'd probably use QSELECT on the mirrored objects to delete all the texts with 90 and 270 degree rotations and then use QSELECT again to copy all the 90 and 270 texts from the original to the mirrored location.

• 4 years later...
GLEN

yes here's a dwg - not much to it. i'll post a screenshot too. [ATTACH]27022[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27023[/ATTACH]

look at the red boxed bit. it's an elevation. notice how when the entire dwg is mirrored, its text is either backwards or upside-down. mirror line drawn, if it helps.

i would have thought that when you mirror text, there is a variable for its orientation to be mirrored, too. i understand that the mirrtext=0 is very useful, but so would this be! and knowing autoCAD, where everything is controllable, i expect it's in there somewhere. just need to know what it's called!

thanks all

When object is block and mirror text is mirror?? why??? How to solve block text not mirror ..

MIRRTEXT.dwg