Block Editor, not all text blocks do the same things

edgley

Hello again.

I have a drawing boarder block, which I need to edit some of the text.

When I open it up in the Block Editor and click on some of the text, I get a pop up with the fields in. When I change a value and close, it is reflected in the block. All normal.

However, with another text field, when I click it, it wont select, but just selects the other block of text. Of the three blocks I have, I can only edit one of them.

The strange thing is, if I am in the normal layout view, and double click the problem text I then get the pop up with all the fields and their values. Only when I change one of them it is not reflected on the viewpoint.

Confused again :)

Thanks,

Simon.

Blocks can be set up several different ways. As in your instance with the first one, this is the most common, being that text is stored within a block, go into a block editor, adjust the text, save the block and it changes throughout the drawing.

Another utilizes attributes, which when clicked on brings up a box with lines of text that can be changed, and reflected throughout a block. Editting an atttribute can either be from outside or inside a block. The pop up you get from the layout is an example of this, where the attributes are on the outside of the block and changes done will only be on that page.

If you go to select a piece of text and it selects the full block or other pieces of text also, it is probably a block and can only be adjusted from within the block editor.

I think I understand what you are saying, but I still don't get why I cannot change the text in the other boxes. For these other boxes I cannt get into the block editor, like I can for the one that I can change.

I suddenly thought that its almost like its a block within a block. Low and behold, once I am in block editor, if I right click again, there is block editor again, and if I choose it I can edit the text. However, I dont get the box pop up, but thats fine, I can c&p the text and change.

As always, thanks.