Hatch Area

nargothrond

Hi!!

Im new here, and really really sorry if this topic is in the wrong section!!

My trouble is:

I work with maps, and i hatched a area, with a irregular shape, now i want to know this area, how can i proceed?? I already selected all area and clicked on properties to see Geometry information, acumulative... Did the List Comand.. and nothing.. any ideas??

Tks!

b957d2c9c9.png

Yes, have a lot of layers, how can i post the file?? with the link?? sorry, im new here!!

Thanks for the fast reply!

That is just an image, it would help if you posted the file. You could try drawing a rectangle around the whole area and issuing the Boundary command.

Here is the link of the file.... it is big!! https://rapidshare.com/files/460958060/geral_2010.dwg... tks

I cannot access rapidshare from work. Did you try ....

You could try drawing a rectangle around the whole area and issuing the Boundary command.

Select the hatch and open properties....

He claims to have tried that one.

I already selected all area and clicked on properties to see Geometry information, acumulative... Did the List Comand

SLW210

The OP wrote

I work with maps, and i hatched a area, with a irregular shape, now i want to

know this area, how can i proceed?? I already selected all area and clicked on

properties to see Geometry information, acumulative...

I wasn't really sure they had selected the hatch because they write "I already selected all area and...". I couldn't tell from that what they had clicked on.

I did download this but you saved it at i think 2010 so I cant open it, you need to save at a earlier version so everyone can open it

SLW210

The OP wrote

I wasn't really sure they had selected the hatch because they write "I already selected all area and...". I couldn't tell from that what they had clicked on.

You may be correct, now that I have reread this.

I did download this but you saved it at i think 2010 so I cant open it, you need to save at a earlier version so everyone can open it

Use DWG TrueView

Use DWG TrueView

Cant add any programs etc to my machine we are not allowed , seems he isnt going to reply to any of our questions anyways

Works for me if the HATCH is selected. BTW the OP can really make use of AutoCAD MAP3D for this type of work. : )

hatchArea.jpg

i don't understand.... if there is a polyline around it this can show the area, or selecting the hatch itself will show its area - how come LIST doesn't work?

i don't understand.... if there is a polyline around it this can show the area, or selecting the hatch itself will show its area - how come LIST doesn't work?

My guess is the OP did not select the hatch but something else (the dwg has an Xref "image" in it) or they have a bad install of AutoCAD, missing SP or poor workstation performance.