I can't find my points

wrmurphy81

I have a large drawing with multiple survey networks, a surface, tons of feature lines etc. I am trying to label some spot elevations using the surface, but the points never show up. I have turned on all of my layers and made sure every point group is setup to show the points and labels. I even tried to create miscellaneous points and they don't show up. I have tried to play games with my UCS to see if they are out in space, but nothing is there. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tiger. I should have said a little more. I can see my old survey cogo points, but I cant see any new ones??

If I type POINT at the command line -- I can see those points. Its only with cogo points that i cant see them.

ah.

The layer is not frozen? No Viewports that mess it up?

You're not on layer Defpoints? Is the layer set to the color Black i.e. the same as your background?

and you are sure that they are Points? I had a survey file that didn't behave as I wanted to, turns out our new software don't do Points but Blocks, no wonder changing PDMODE doesn't affect them...

Check your next point number.

If you have the "Next point number" set to a number that has already been used, the "Create Points" commands will silently fail without doing anything or giving any error messages. C3D has ALWAYS been like this... It's actually rather impressive that Autodesk has still failed to fix this bug after all these years.

Thanks, Sinc... I would have never thought about that. I changed the point number and now my points are showing up!

• 4 years later...

R.I.P., Sinc -

http://www.quuxsoft.com/

IN MEMORIAM, Richard 'Sinc' Sincovec, 1970-2012. This site, Quux Software, and SincpacC3D were created by Sinc over the course of C3D2007-C3D2013. Sadly he departed this world in December, 2012, but I have vowed to carry on development and support, in his honor, for as long as Civil3D is being created. We will greatly miss Sinc's invaluable insight and teaching abilities. - Jeff Mishler

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Wow so I just got this error to view my COGO points (being self taught atm linked in learning). I tried clicking all points, selected it in the point number column and right click a point, zoom to the point and all regenerated. 

Condolences to those who knew Sinc (RIP).