Osnaps

every now and then i keep setting up my Osnaps. is there a permanent setting on Osnaps? or did i mess something in my CAD system? :twisted:

i think i had been using one of the lisp i found over the net its the "reverse polyline lisp."

do you think its causing it? but i need that lisp because im using text on my polylines.

thanks

I wasn't suggesting that you stop using it. I was just pointing out a possible cause of the problem.

Sometimes a lisp routine is written such that it changes the user's system settings but does not reset them when it is finished. That is considered bad form amongst good lisp programmers.

The lisp routine could probably be revised to correct for the bad behavior. You would first have to ascertain if indeed the problem is caused by the lisp routine in question.

The current osnap setting is saved in the variable "OSMODE" just set your snaps and type osmode a number will appear thats the value you need to quickly reset. A quick fix is to just set up your own and chase the offenders as well.

eg in pre loaded lisps via keyboard entry

(defun C:15 ()(setvar "osmode" 15359)) ; sets all snaps on opposite is (getvar "osmode")

(defun C:39 ()(setvar "osmode" 47))

(defun C:99 ()(setvar "osmode" 99))

(defun C:8 ()(setvar "osmode" 8)

(defun C:9 ()(setvar "osmode" 9))