Weird logo window on open...

Lee Roy

I get this little window on my primary monitor (Revit opens on secondary) after Revit has fully opened. It's there for 2010, 2011 and 2012. It just started one day.

RevitOpen.JPG

Any ideas?

can you grab the lower right corner and stretch it out? Maybe see what the title bar says that way? Probably some sort of error message (obviously).

Nope, can't expand it. That's the first thing I tried. =/

I'm famous for suggesting the obvious, but you'd be amazed how many people go "oh yeah...duh". Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

I have no idea what it would be. Some file it can't find I suspect. Does the program function properly when you close it?

Lol, yeah it's all good. "Why won't computer come on??" "Is the power strip turned on?" "Umm....yeah.... *flick* ...Weird, now it works!" lol, done that.

Program functions just fine. It just started one day. There were no system changes, no program changes. Came in one morning, flipped on the computer, opened it up and there's this little window. =/ It's weird.

Lol, yeah it's all good. "Why won't computer come on??" "Is the power strip turned on?" "Umm....yeah.... *flick* ...Weird, now it works!" lol, done that.

Program functions just fine. It just started one day. There were no system changes, no program changes. Came in one morning, flipped on the computer, opened it up and there's this little window. =/ It's weird.

it's autodesk....:shock:

haha...I don't even have to close it, I can leave it sitting there open, even.

I wonder if it has something to do with my keyboard? Thinking about it, it came about around the same time I installed the drivers for my keyboard (Lycosa). Hmm...

haha...I don't even have to close it, I can leave it sitting there open, even.

I wonder if it has something to do with my keyboard? Thinking about it, it came about around the same time I installed the drivers for my keyboard (Lycosa). Hmm...

Ah...so there was a small change afterall. Helps to talk this stuff out. Computers have something called Random Access Memory. My wife says I have a randomly accessed memory. Sometimes things come back up, sometimes they don't.

You can check your startup folder and check the startup tab in msconfig. Check for any offending entries. Sounds like some sort of malware or a pop-up.

Does it only appear after opening Revit? I.e. if you start up your computer and not open Revit, does it appear?

Yes. It doesn't appear until I open Revit, then it doesn't need to go away for Revit to be functional. I can't find anything malware oriented on the computer.

• 2 months later...

I found the cause!!!

I'm running an nVidia Quadro FX1500...when I enable "Desktop Manager", it causes this. If I disable "Desktop Manager", the little dialog box goes away.

Just fyi.

• 1 year later...

It's back. My system changed to an AMD FirePro V5900. I love it, tried to talk them into dual cards with a crossfire cable.

All my Desktop Manager's are turned off, but this little dialog is back.

-Edit-

Or so I thought...turns out Catalyst has more than one way to enable Desktop Manager. Fixed, again.