Text.Autocad 2011

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if it is possible to have sum sort of text referance in the layout ofa drawing.

example.

I have border with drawing details,date and who its done by.in multiple layouts

Is it possible to at text in 1 layout and it show up in all the other layouts automatically?

Theres lots of lisps/vba to search and replace a particular attribute no matter how many times its in a dwg search BIGAL & Attributes Auto change preliminary to issued and update, dates, rev etc

Also use FIND with entire dwg this works as well

You can use fields in attributes, create custom fields in drawing properties. When you fill in the properties fields any attributes that match will be filled out in any layouts.

Thank you for the reply,

Also,is there a way of making a table that shows the overall lengths of lines on different layers?

i need sumthing more simple for people who dont use CAD alot.good idea tho thanks

Provide them with some basic training perhaps?

As above, I'd use a block.

My aim is to make a border for utilitie plans that is quick and simple to update.I also want a table that tally's all the lengths of utilities up in a table in the border.

Does any1 no if the table is possible?

or am i asking to much from CAD

My aim is to make a border for utilitie plans that is quick and simple to update.I also want a table that tally's all the lengths of utilities up in a table in the border.

Does any1 no if the table is possible?

or am i asking to much from CAD

Do the utilities you use in your plan each have a different defined linetype? If so it should be possible.

Yeh they do,they ar on differant layers,colours and linetype and width

You any idea how i can do it?

try DATAEXTRACTION. I've never used it, but I think that's what you're looking for. Others on here probably use it all the time and can probably help if needed.