Help needed with "ssget filter for inserts with specific attribute tags"

MarcoW

Hello there,

I have googled around for a while but can't find the answer to my problem.

This is the code where it is all about:

(setq ss (ssget "_:L"
     (list (cons 0 
"INSERT")
    (cons 66 1)

(cons 410 (getvar "CTAB")))))

It basically adds every selected object to the selectionset "ss" as long as it is a block (insert) in the current space. The (cons 66 1) I must admit doesn't ring a bell.

My problem is that it should only add blocks to the selectionset that contain 3 ATTRIBUTETAGS. I know / guess that I should first create the selectionset as posted, then cycle through each item and see if it contains TAG1 + TAG2 + TAG3 (all of them). If no then "remove" from selection set.

In the end the selectionset will only contain blocks that contain at least the 3 attributetags.

But I have no clue, even a wide search did not help. All I can find is how to retrieve the attribute-values. Thats not what I mean, I am after the blocks with 3 specific attributetags.

Any help is much appreciated!

You cannot filter for subentities using a SelectionSet filter with ssget. You will need to make a SelectionSet of all attribute Inserts (perhaps filtering for name as well), and then iterate through this set, removing any blocks which don't match the attribute tag criterion.

A quick and crude example:

(defun SelectBlockWithTags ( tags / a i e s ) (setq tags (strcase tags))

(if (setq s (ssget "_X" '((0 . "INSERT") (66 . 1))))
   (repeat (setq i (sslength s))
     (setq e (ssname s (setq i (1- i))) a e)
     (while (and a (eq "ATTRIB" (cdr (assoc 0 (entget (setq a (entnext a)))))))
       (if (wcmatch (strcase (cdr (assoc 2 (entget a)))) tags)
         (setq a nil)
       )
     )
     (if a (ssdel e s))
   )
 )
 s
)

Hence to return a SelectionSet of all blocks with Tags: TAG1, TAG2, TAG3:

(SelectblockWithTags "TAG[123]")

EDIT: Note that the above example will filter for blocks matching any 1 of the three tags, you will need to tweak the filter to get only those blocks with ALL of the three.

A bit more elementary than Lee's :

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun findatts [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]al / il ss en ed an ad rl tn[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget [color=#2f4f4f]"X"[/color] '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"INSERT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]66 . 1[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq il [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssadd[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]while [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq en [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssname ss 0[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ed [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   an [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entnext en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   ad [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget an[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   rl nil[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]while [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"ATTRIB"[/color] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ad[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]setq tn [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 2 ad[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]and [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]member tn al[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                         [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]not [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]member tn rl[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                         [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]setq rl [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]cons tn rl[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]setq an [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]entnext an[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                          ad [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]entget an[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]if [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]= [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]length rl[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]length al[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssadd en il[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssdel en ss[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
  il[b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

Syntax:

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]findatts '[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b][color=#2f4f4f]"TAG1"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"TAG2"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"TAG3"[/color][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

Reminder : All tags are UPPERCASE

-David

@ Lee:

Thanks for this piece of code, it works great, but like you said only for 1 TAG. I could have tried to modify it, but David was too fast. (I would have needed more time to figure it out of course).

@ David:

Also many thanks, this works great! It does exactly what I want it to do.

To be honest: both codes don't look that hard to understand but I have some trouble with it... I must study some functions I don't use like "entnext" etc. Maybe that can clarify things. Too bad: because of a lack of time (almost continuous) I cannot dig in right now so it must wait until then. Thanks again!

If only the ":V" option actually did work it might have been possible to select the attributes themselves instead of the blocks first.

If only the ":V" option actually did work it might have been possible to select the attributes themselves instead of the blocks first.

Never give up hope. Autodesk will fix it one day. smiley-rolleyes008.gif

Never give up hope. Autodesk will fix it one day.

While they're at it, they could fix :N and :U :(

Never give up hope. Autodesk will fix it one day. [ATTACH]28098[/ATTACH]
Yes, but I want to be alive when they do! :shock:

As for :N, I have seen it work ... sort of ... sometimes :lol: ... but not in this case!