How To Show Pipelines(buried and Exposed) in Profile

aaryan

Hi All,

Sorry for my poor english,

I am actually working with a marine survey company,recently we did a survey of pipeline under the sea. i have processed raw data which we acquired and even plotted the attributes in cad i.e xyz value in cad.

Now i want to show a profile along a pipeline and even the condition of the pipeline what part is exposed and buried. I have already made a profile, but it is taking a long time for me to show the buried and exposed portion because i m doing it manually. i have an exposed portion in the form of polyline with red color and buried with cyan color which i got as dxf format from other hydrographic software, the exposed and buried depth is about 0.1 to 0.5m. what i actually require is there any easy way that i m missing in civil 3d i mean is there any way to give input to civil 3d and it will draw a pipeline according to the exposed and buried position. Hope i made it clear.

Sorry again for my english.

Thanks

If I understand your question, you want to show a pipeline with one style when it runs above a profile and with another style when it runs below the same profile. Is that right?

Thanks for your reply cyber angel.

Yes you are right i need the same but a small change the pipeline style should be the same, while using plain autocad i used to use multiline command to draw pipelines in profile but being new to civil3d i dont know how to do it. I believe civil3d can do it in few steps. Any help would be appreciable. Thanks

If you are using Civil 3D, then you have the capability to draw a pipe as part of a profile. It's a complicated subject, and I don't work with pipes much, but I can give you an overview.

1) Create a pipe network. You must have a network, even if it includes only one pipe.

2) Add two structures to the network. These will establish the ends of the pipe. You must attach a pipe to a structure. However, a structure can be a Null structure.

3) Add a pipe and attach it to the structures. You can select the pipe, right click on it, and get Pipe Properties. With that window you can define the elevations at the ends of the pipe and the style.

4) With the pipe object in place, you can adjust its properties or its style, and the profile will automatically redraw the pipe for you.