Avoid text changing position when changing justification

Hello,

in Autocad when you change the justification of text the insert snap of the text stays fixed and the text changes position around this point.

Using the JUSTIFYTEXT command you can change the justification of the text without changing its position. However this command is operated through the command bar of dynamic input. What I would like to do is to have the justification change in the quick properties this way.

Thanks!

Quick Properties and Properties seem to use a different command than _JUSTIFYTEXT. Why do you need to use Quick Properties for this?

Funny, quick properties doesn't move MText for me. Granted, I just prefer the JustifyText command (I have a macro for the few three I use ML, MC, MR).

Funny, quick properties doesn't move MText for me. Granted, I just prefer the JustifyText command (I have a macro for the few three I use ML, MC, MR).

The OP stated TEXT was the problem.

My 2011 text works just like the OPs, but I never use Quick Properties and prefer the JustifyText command, also. Generally just double-click Mtext and edit in the editor.

The OP stated TEXT was the problem.

My 2011 text works just like the OPs, but I never use Quick Properties and prefer the JustifyText command, also. Generally just double-click Mtext and edit in the editor.

Oops, didn't see that.

JustifyText command is the easiest in my opinion. I try and avoid formatting codes in MText as much as possible (changing from within the editor) for ease of altering things globally later on, plus if I have 20 pieces of text that I want to change the justification, I want to easily accomplish this and NOT go from text to text, fixing them individually.

JIC, here's my crappy macros:

;; Justification Macros
;; Alan J. Thomspon

(defun _justifyIt (justify title / ss)
 (princ (strcat "\nSelect *Text to " title " justify: "))
 (if (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "ATTDEF,MTEXT,TEXT"))))
   (command "_.justifytext" ss "" justify)
 )
 (princ)
)

(defun c:JC (/) (_justifyIt "_MC" "Middle Center"))
(defun c:JL (/) (_justifyIt "_ML" "Middle Left"))
(defun c:JR (/) (_justifyIt "_MR" "Middle Right"))
(defun c:BC (/) (_justifyIt "_BC" "Bottom Center"))
(defun c:TC (/) (_justifyIt "_TC" "Top Center"))

Lots of text/Mtext is handled differently than just a few.

Right, but it pisses me off when I want to change the justification of a piece of MText and I have to open the editor just to accomplish a seemingly simple task.

Take me with a grain of salt, I'm just not wild about MText formatting and it annoys me that autodesk hasn't given us easier ways to globally deal with them.

You are correct, I just haven't got around to customizing a whole lot. Just hired in here in December 2010 and been fairly busy, computer was upgraded a couple months ago with a reinstall on AutoCAD and I lost what I had done previous to that. :ouch:

You are correct, I just haven't got around to customizing a whole lot. Just hired in here in December 2010 and been fairly busy, computer was upgraded a couple months ago with a reinstall on AutoCAD and I lost what I had done previous to that. :ouch:

That sucks. A top priority for me is proper customization, but even more important is being able to backup all customization for quick and easy migration to a new machine. I can jump from one machine to another with only a couple minutes to make autocad work/look how I want.

Yea, I will get re-customized soon and buy a USB drive for retaining my customization. No CAD department here since 2004, all the drawings I have to work that are recent are what the contractors have submitted as as-builts for the last 8 years. :ouch: But the pay is excellent (salary), only work 5 days a week, and should get a nice bonus. :D

P.S.

The big boss is wanting to move to AutoPLANT/Plant 3D platform next year and wants me to put the entire facility in 3D.

Thanks Alan J. Thomspon for the lisps.

I actually have three lisps jtt for justify text middle center, and jtl

and jtr but the idea of having all three of them under most logical names

mc, ml, mr and under one same lisp is great.

It seems there is a text wrap program in this text window !

Again thanks you for sharing the lisp.

Regards,

Nicolas MARIE

Thanks Alan J. Thomspon for the lisps.

I actually have three lisps jtt for justify text middle center, and jtl

and jtr but the idea of having all three of them under most logical names

mc, ml, mr and under one same lisp is great.

It seems there is a text wrap program in this text window !

Again thanks you for sharing the lisp.

Regards,

Nicolas MARIE

Anytime. Those are just some of the macros I use that make my life easier.

That sucks. A top priority for me is proper customization, but even more important is being able to backup all customization for quick and easy migration to a new machine. I can jump from one machine to another with only a couple minutes to make autocad work/look how I want.

This is interesting; would you mind elaborating?